CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Final Chapter of "How Does My Garden Grow?"

This past week I went to Idaho to work on getting the yard ready for winter. I think winter decided to give me a little clue of what is in store for winter and I had better not lounge around but get right to work. Later in the day as soon as the snow had melted I went out and cut the cabbage. It was so cold I was afraid that the cabbage would not survive the freeze that night.
As you can see the cabbage made it. I didn't get as much as I had hoped for but look how big the one is. We will enjoy cabbage, coleslaw etc for some time to come.
The last of the red potatoes. It is hard to see how large they are but some were the size of a soft ball. I am really pleased with the spud harvest this year.
My poor apple trees didn't do very good this year. Carl did say he had picked a few but this all I have to show for this year.
But the peach tree made up for the poor showing of apples. My Mom and my wonderful neighbor froze peaches for us. My neighbor also canned seven quarts of peaches for us. I wish I could move my neighbor down here. They are the best neighbor's you could wish for.
Our red onions did very well. The only problem is that they have a really strong flavor. They will be great to cook with.

And so our little garden was put to bed last week for another year. Sweet dreams little garden and get rested for a new year.

0 comments: