CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Remodel Begins

We started the remodeling of our four front rooms this past Monday.  We are opening up the walls between the rooms, taking out some of the doors in the foyer that lead to the upstairs, living and dining rooms.  As they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here are the pictures, before and during.









 Wall paper near the floor.  I can't tell if it was a border or was on the whole wall. 



 Is that not cool.  I assume that it is original to the house.  That was almost as exciting as if I could have found so gold or silver.  Still might, lots to uncover still.
 This is a border that is just below the ceiling, I think it looks original.  When the room is cleared out I will climb up on a ladder a hope I can remove some and clean it up.
The cut outs in the wall would have most likely be used for heating.

0 comments: