CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 30, 2010

How Does My Garden Grow Chapter 8

This year at the beginning of the spring we didn't have a garden spot so I just planted my veggies and fruit in the flower beds in the front and side of the house and in the back where we had taken out the large pine tree. I have been amazed how much produce we got. Lots and lots of tomatoes, cucumbers, red peppers, yellow peppers and Anaheim peppers. We got five watermelons, carrots, cabbage which the bugs got to first.
Last week I picked the apples from the tree. We have been eating them for the past month. They taste sooo good. It is amazing how different they taste right off the tree compared to the ones you get in the store.

I have been drying the extra tomatoes that we can't eat. It is so easy to dry and takes up a lot less room that bottled tomatoes.

I am very pleased with our garden this year but am glad it is almost time to put my garden to rest for the winter months then I can rest also. Well, I can dream can't I. I know there are tons of house projects I want to do, like paint the rooms on the main level. Will keep you posted.

0 comments: