CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 2, 2010

WOW!

Yesterday Mom and I attended the funeral for my brother-in-law's father who passed away. In our family it seems like my in-laws family just become part of my family as they often attend many of the family activities. As in the case of Eldon Hunt who had attended many Thanksgiving Dinners at my home and others over the years. As Mom, Blair and I were waiting to talk to the family and view the body I saw out of the corner of my eye and others looking at someone right behind me. I looked and it was President Thomas S. Monson. His parents and Eldon's parents has been close friends during their growing up years. President chatted with us and other for quite some time. He later spoke at the funeral.

As we talked he made you feel very comfortable. It was amazing to be able to meet the Prophet of our church and also to see him in a very normal setting. I still can't believe it!

He even wiggled his ears for Jack, my niece's son who is 5.


2 comments:

Alice said...

Did you show President Monson how you can wiggle your eyes? Just wondering...

That's cool! Too bad Braeden couldn't meet him too seeming how he wants to be a prophet someday.

Barbara said...

I really did think about it.