CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 2, 2010

How Does My Garden Grow Chapter 5

This past Saturday I went out to water my garden and check it out. Wow, what a surprise. I had not seen any watermelon growing and thought we would not get any watermelon just lovely huge vines. Much to my surprise there are three growing. From what I can tell reading about the variety of watermelon, which is a Sugar Baby it is close to being ready to pick.
The cabbage keeps growing bigger and bigger. I think I will pick one in two weeks. I have 7 or 8 so I need to start eating them. They will keep growing until a frost.
I picked three peppers off the pepper plant. The basil and parsley needs to be cut back. I am going to make pesto and tabouli using quinoa instead of bulghur. Tabouli is a traditional dish from Lebanon which is where Joe's great grandfather came from.
What a surprise that there were this many tomatoes ready to be picked and I had not seen any. They were hiding down under all the leaves. I picked 7 more this morning. We will be enjoying lots of tomato dishes in the coming weeks. I love to slice the tomatoes and sprinkle Feta cheese and fresh basil drizzled with olive oil over it. I can eat tons of tomatoes that way. So good!

0 comments: